Five reasons to believe computers are male:
1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
2. As soon as you have one, a better model comes along.
3. They look attractive – until you take them home.
4. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.
5. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
Five reasons to believe computers are female:
1. No one but the creator understands their internal logic.
2. Even the smallest mistakes are immediately committed to memory for future reference.
3. The native language used to communicate with others of their own kind is incomprehensible to everyone else.
4. The message “bad command or file name” is about as information as “If you don’t know why I’m mad at you, then I’m certainly not going to tell you!”
5. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half of your paycheck buying accessories for it.